Friday, June 15, 2007

Work Got In The Way (subtitled: Why My Posts This Week Suck)

Okay, so Hispanic Heritage Month is still three months away, but that doesn't mean I can't give a little shout out to Gloria Estefan. Here goes:

"I realize you’re wanting something new
My posts were short – the most that I could do
My less than clever moody side
The one I wish would try to hide from me

But you know when you have something on your mind
You’ve been trying to share it for the longest time
So before you surf your other sites
I want a chance to finally make it right

But the work got in the way
There’s so much I want to say
But my job has been rough
All of my deadlines are tough
I just want to laugh again

I had no time for my US
I felt like raising a fuss
Wanting to say something fun
But the work got in the way."

3 comments:

  1. To me, that's a pretty obscure tune - maybe because I'm not big into Gloria's slow songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't what made me think of it. I was mostly hearing in my head the version in Jerry Maguire by the mariachi band (when Tom Cruise and Renee Zellweger have their first date). I know - random. I am actually NOT a fan of Ms. Estefan, although that was a little sad I guess when she had that bus accident. She survived, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, psycho Tom Cruise totally ruined Jerry Maguire for me. Used to love that movie, hence remembering the mariachi band.

    ReplyDelete