Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I Miss You...Will & Grace

Carrying over from the bad TV post that Amanda had last week, I just wanted to give a shout out to my still favorite TV show, Will & Grace. If I'm lucky (and remember), I can still catch one to four episodes a night on the CW (10-11pm) and WE (11pm - 12am). Boy, are those lucky nights for me.
I just happened to catch an episode last night - it was the one where they all went to the movies to catch a special showing of 'Sound of Music.' Grace dressed up as Maria, Will as Captain VonTrapp and Jack as one of the kids in their play clothes (made from Maria's drapes). That show always manages to crack me up no matter how many times I've seen it. They had so many memorable episodes - where else are you going to find out that a Barry Manilow fan is known as a 'Fanilow' or Jack's auction screen name is 'Hotsy Totsy' or run into a 'frosted mini-wheat' named Beverly Leslie (as Karen likes to call him).
I agree that the show did eventually go downhill but I felt there was only one reason it did and I have to say it was Grace. She started to get annoying and I didn't enjoy any of the scenes she was a part of. If they could've had a show just about Jack & Karen, I would've been one happy camper.
Will, Karen & Jack...I miss you! You made for some good TV. I don't think I've laughed that hard since 'Wings.'

7 comments:

  1. I agree it was a great show. Not quite as dedicated as you were, of course, but still enjoyable. I often find myself watching the same reruns as well.

    But I do have to say - what makes Jack and Karen work is that they are supporting characters. They are over the top, and if the entire show was based on them, it might get to be a bit much. Will and Grace were the "straight" characters, so to speak. They kept the show grounded, so you could really appreciate Jack and Karen's antics. Of course, Grace really got out there and became very annoying, and I agree with you that is where the show started to go downhill. When her comedic timing was on, though, she could be great.

    Speaking of Debra Messing, did you see your "Wedding Date" is back on the market? "I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you . . ."

    ReplyDelete
  2. What ever happend to the main chick (not the old lady)on Wings? I think I saw her once a few years ago in some really bad Lifetime movie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, Crystal Bernard. Isn't she a bad country singer or something? Every once in awhile, if she's lucky, she shows up on a worst dressed list. What's that they say about "no such thing as bad publicity?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since we're on the Wings topic.... how hot did Tim Daly look on that "pilot" for the new Grey's Anatomy spinoff???? I think I will have to watch just for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for bringing up Crystal Bernard again because I was telling Amanda, a few weeks ago that she had a duet with Peter Cetera...and now that it's in front of me, I looked it up on iTunes and it was called 'I Wanna Take Forever Tonight.' It was not quite as popular as anything by Air Supply but still could be worthy of guilty pleasure status if you're lucky enough to remember it.
    And speaking of Tim Daly - how on Earth he is related to Tyne Daly (and not in the 'mother-son' way) is still a mystery to me! Looks like Tim got away with all the looks in that family. He's one of those men that looks good at any age - hot.
    And yes, I did see Dermot Mulroney is back on the market - purr! He's very handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I agree Tim is a hotty. He has joined some bad shows that go nowhere...like this pilot I watched a year or 2 ago and he was some kind of urban theif or something. Who knows.
    PS- Tyne is a man baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you feel that Dermot Mulroney is one of those guys that isn't really all that handsome, but there is just something about him that makes him so attractive? I didn't know he was married to that lady from "The 40-year-old Virgin".

    ReplyDelete