Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Twice Around

Okay, so let me start by saying I am glad my former co-worker from Texas from 6 years ago finally removed me from her "mass joke/chain letter forwarding" e-mail list. As much as I love some good e-mail diversion to break up the drudgery work can be, I just didn't need that crap clogging up my inbox. At least half of the time, I'd heard better jokes from my 3-year-old nephew. But now and then, I find before me "the little e-mail joke forward that could," an e-mail that not only bestows upon me a surprising chuckle, but that I actually deem worthy to protect in one of my "save" folders. During some mailbox spring cleaning, I found this little gem. True, they're not all masterpieces, but there are some good ones in there. I am particularly fond of 5, 6, 8, 10, and 17.

Children's Books That Never Quite Made It:

1. Strangers Have the Best Candy.
2. The Little Sissy Who Snitched.
3. Some Kittens Can Fly!
4. Where Would You Like to Be Buried?
5. Kathy Was So Bad Her Mom Stopped Loving Her.
6. The Attention Deficit Disorder Association's Book of Wild Animals of North Amer- Hey! Let's Go Ride Our Bikes!
7. The Kids' Guide to Hitchhiking.
8. Why Can't Mr. Fork and Ms. Electrical Outlet Be Friends?'
9. Bi-Curious George.
10. You Are Different and That's Bad.
11. Dad's New Wife Timothy.
12. Pop! Goes The Hamster....And Other Great Microwave Games.
13. Testing Homemade Parachutes With Nothing At All But Your Household Pets.
14. The Boy Who Died from Eating All His Vegetables.
15. Start a Real-Estate Empire With the Change From Your Mom's Purse.
16. The Pop-up Book of Human Anatomy.
17. Things Rich Kids Have, But You Never Will.
18. Controlling the playground: Respect through Fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment