Friday, July 27, 2007

Who Gives a Sh*t

What is wrong with young Hollywood these days? It seems like the media, especially entertainment media, is filled with stories about Lindsay Lohan's latest arrest and her fall off the wagon, Britney Spear's mental breakdown, Paris reverting to her old ways post-jail, some country singer getting arrested for multiple parole violations, whether Nicole Richie is preggers or not.
Here are my answers to those questions:
1) Are we really surprised that Lindsay Lohan is all cracked out and getting arrested? She was in rehab at the tender age of 20.
2) Are we really surprised that Britney Spears is being all white trash and seems mentally unstable? She was married to Jason Alexander for a day and tried to make a marriage with that loser K.Fed.
3) Paris going back to her partying ways post jail? Shocker....she is a socialite - without the parties, what else does she have? She is, after all, famous for doing just about nothing.
4) I don't know Mindy McCready - the country singer - but her mugshots were scary. So sad cause she's only 31.
5) Nicole Richie - is she or isn't she pregnant? Do we really care? If she is, I would think people would feel sorry for the baby because she is, after all, famous for ummm....again, nothing.

I find myself pondering - 'What is wrong with these girls?!' They are supposed to be "role models" although what parent, in their right mind, would want their kids looking up to any of them... It's sad to say, but it seems like these girls are all in it for the fame and fortune. And if they even try to blame their downfall on the media, then someone needs to throw the fact that they chose this path, back in their faces. Even Tara Reid manages to keep herself out of trouble, while she's making a drunken fool out of herself. But what's even more disturbing is that these girls' parents are in no way stepping in trying to stop the downward spiral...although part of Mindy's battle is with her parents so she's exempt here. I'll tell ya - if I ever did ANYTHING that put me one step closer to jail, my parents would've tarred, feathered and then disowned me. I think these girls need some tough love.

Really though, I wish the media would just stop with the coverage - who cares? Why don't we concentrate on more worthy things like which country do we think Angelina is going to adopt from next...or what branch of consumer products will 'Stuff by Hillary Duff' expand to next in her quest to beat out that darn Olsen Empire..or when Naomi Watts is finally going to pop out that freakin' baby (I swear, she looked like she was 15 months pregnant)...oh wait, she just did.

1 comment:

  1. You're preaching to the choir. It is like a broken record. Seriously, when I saw the headline for Lohan's arrest, I just thought it was the same news as before. I mean, that's not her first DUI. I'm actually starting to miss Tara Reid. Heck, I would take Bennifer.

    ReplyDelete