Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Sleepy Town

I liked the idea of eight cop cars showing up at 7-Eleven for an unarmed brawl. This to me means that Arlington has no shortage of cops patrolling. Also, if an unarmed brawl is the worst we get in a close-in "suburb" of one of the cities with the highest crime rates in the nation, we are doing pretty well. I could have used some popcorn, though. Or some junior mints.

Flirty Cop was also excited about the action, we could tell. He was the one who gave us our pre-printed statement forms and loaned me his nice pen to write down my story. Then when I returned the pen to "Sweaty Cop With Glasses Who Looks Like a Poor Man's 'Shep' From ER But With a Bigger Spare Tire" (more on him in my comments to Jen's earlier post), Flirty Cop gave him a hard time about it. He even joked around with an imitation swear word about the pen ("not only am I TOUGH, but look at me - I'm funny!!"). Flirty Cop also came up to us after Dreads was taken out in a police car and things were beginning to cool down. When he heard Jen say "hi" to her husband on the phone, he mistakenly thought she was talking to him and offered a cutesy "hi" back. I had to break it to him that she was not flirting with Flirty Cop but was instead just checking in with her significant other. That's right, Flirty Cop. She's TAKEN.

I learned something else from this experience. Save yourself from the false security a 7-Eleven clerk may seem to offer. This guy was completely worthless. A bystander was the one who called the cops. Clerk simply opened the door to the store, shrugged with a half smile, and went back to his station. Useless!

3 comments:

  1. Tell me about that 7-11 Clerk - he just stood by the door the whole time....he was about 5'4 and 3/4...you know how I know? Cause he was standing there for so long, I just matched his height with those stickers on the side. (just kidding about the height but he was standing there like a dolt and he was short)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have absolutely nothing to say about 7-Eleven flirty cops, or clerks unless you're talking about the clever flick.

    I just thought that by blogging on this site one gets morning cupcakes. Is that a hoax?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Roy. Might be time to look into finding some more reliable sources . . .

    I prefer Mallrats to Clerks.

    ReplyDelete