Friday, June 29, 2007

On the brink

I'm sitting in a conference room in Towson ('burb of Baltimore) today, working, cause I'm on my way up to Jersey for the weekend.
The brightside: I'm listening to 80s radio on Sky FM off iTunes. 'C'mon Eileen....'
I'm looking forward to hanging with the family since I haven't seen them since April and won't know when I will next see them since we are moving into our new house in mid-August and football season begins soon after and all weekends are pretty much booked through November.
The downside: It's rainy, gloomy, 1:14pm and I swear that the day is DRAGGING. I've been on a conference call since 12 where they were so excited to have me join but I have said and contributed nothing. Instead, I let others speak for me because I have nothing to really say - they seem to know what they're saying so I don't dare interject unless they sign me up for something I'm not willing to do.

So what am I on the brink of? Probably boredom but not so much boredom as a sudden need to want to take a nice nap and think of nothing. If my manager wasn't sitting right outside the door and could come in here at any moment - like right now...
okay - impromptu meeting with manager over. That was actually good timing because my next call is in five minutes and then she gave me the thumbs up to leave after that - yaye!

Like me - she's also on the brink of something other than excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment