Friday, November 9, 2007

Now That's Customer Service


Since we're on a flashback-follow up kick with some of our previous postings, I decided to share with you a follow-up to one of my more recent postings about how eyeshadow scares me:

http://morningcupcake.blogspot.com/2007/10/eyeshadow-my-frienemy.html

I received a lovely note, on Nordstrom stationary (how can I get some of that?), from the Clarins woman that helped me with my MAC purchase a couple of weeks ago. She wrote me a very nice note saying that she hoped all my products were working for me and that I have fun in London for the wedding - she had just gone to London in the summer and I told her I was just there too in May and we were comparing our experiences and pretty much just gushing about our trips - and I had shared with her that I was going back over Thanksgiving for a friend's wedding....that's why I needed new eyeshadow.

But in her note, she had mentioned that she's available for me whenever I need more makeup help and she could schedule a nice mini-facial and consultation when I'm available. Of course, it's probably a ploy to try and get me to purchase more products and maybe switch over to Clarins but I still appreciated the gesture.

This is why I LOVE LOVE LOVE Nordstrom - cause this is not the first 'Thank You' note I have received from them. I received a 'Thank You' note from the hosiery department last year when I was stocking up on long socks (HUE makes great knee high cotton socks). I thought that was nice. I would have to imagine that they write out these 'Thank You' notes during their down time at the store which I think is a nice touch.

It's just good customer service - they thank me for shopping with them and I thank them by continuing to purchase from their store.

No comments:

Post a Comment