Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Search Is On....

I'm not going to beat around the bush here - I like shopping. I've fine-tuned my skills over the years so that I don't just go to a store or mall and walk aimlessly around for hours. No, I do research now and then I go and shop with a focus. I think it helps because it cuts down on "aimless" time and you're free to do other stuff when you're done with your shopping tasks.

Recently, I saw a dress on the Tommy Hilfiger Fall 2007 Ready To Wear Show. I checked at my local "H" store and found out that they were closing so they weren't bringing in any new Fall merchandise. The only other Tommy Hilfiger stores in Virginia are outlet stores and I doubt that they would carry just 'Ready to Wear' runway items in the outlet store. I checked in the Tommy Hilfiger online store only to be greatly disappointed that it wasn't there either. So now my question is this: if this is Fall 2007 Ready to Wear, then where the heck is it? I even went onto the Macy's and Bloomingdale websites to take a gander and nothing was there.

So now I'm disappointed that I can't find it online and at a point where this dress is now a 'must have' item. I think it's the thrill of the hunt and the hope that I could actually get this after all my hard sleuthing work. Nevermind that I don't even know how much this thing is going to cost me - I just know that I must see it in person - touch it, smell it, try it on....probably only to be utterly disappointed in the way that it doesn't fit my average, non-model body. BUT, that doesn't matter - the search is on and I must find this dress.

I'm open to suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. Cute dress but you're insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, I thought Tommy wasn't doing so well.

    But I have to say - going to the boutique - the special edition line was GORGEOUS. I am lucky I was able to stop myself from trying on everything because every piece I saw was amazing.

    ReplyDelete