Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I Don't Think So

So I get a pluthera of emails from vendors telling me their latest online deals, new items, etc. Granted, I think I sign up for a lot of them just so I don't have to go trolling for all the latest information myself. The biggest email senders that I usually get from are Neiman Marcus, Cheryl & Co (they have GREAT cookies), Banana Republic and Red Envelope. There are a ton more but these are the ones that I remember the most.

I just got a mail from Red Envelope letting me know that if I buy this classic, 80s braided leather bracelet -->




<-- this happens.


I beg to differ.







I love the red envelope boxes - it's ALMOST like getting a Tiffany's blue box (almost, not really, but still...) and you have that anticipation of, 'What could he have gotten me...'. And if I opened it to find the above braided leather bracelet, I don't think I could hold back my disappointment. Then the anticipation would turn to 'What the heck was he thinking?'

Braided bracelets are for BFFs and middle school/high school romances. It is not meant for the adult world. I need something solid - something I can sink my teeth into and not have to worry about wearing it down and ripping it to shreds.

No, Red Envelope...you got it wrong this time. Leather Braided bracelet does not equal romantic nookie in the end.

2 comments:

  1. Jen - you're killing me. I am right there with you. I do like the Red Envelope boxes, but they do sell a lot of crap. Next thing you know, they're going to be hawking those "Riggs Pub" ("Insert name"/Bar/Tavern/Pub) sweatshirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I guess you didn't get a braided bracelet for your anniversary present? Either that or Brett didn't get any anniversary nookie.

    ReplyDelete