Friday, September 21, 2007

Busy v. Bored

"When it rains, it pours" applies to so many facets of life. But I tend to experience that phenomenon the most in the work setting. My posts lately have left a lot to be desired, mostly because every morning when I arrive at work, I feel I'm already behind before I can even turn on my computer. I had to take a break last week to dash off to the salon for a 30-minute back massage. And you can trust me - this was not a luxury but a necessity. My upper back was in so many knots; not a single sitting position was pain free. I even got a little lecture from the therapist about holding the phone up to my ear with my left shoulder.

Things are still pretty crazy around here. But it is not always that way. Sometimes, the days drag along . . . And I can't figure out which is worse: so busy that you barely have time to scarf down a sandwich at your computer? or clockwatching?

I kept longing for the days of happy medium. Superlatives are overrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment