Friday, August 3, 2007

Come Home, Amanda!

So if it seems like we've been a little light on the postings this week, it's because it has been. I've been carrying the "cupcake" this week as Amanda is vacationing with her family in Maine.
She certainly deserves this vacation - away from home, work, and a week with her husband and family, but I miss her.
I had to take hip-hop without her on Monday. It wasn't too terrible as class was light on attendance and I actually got all the moves down to the new routine. But when she made us go down for those coffee grinders (ie - helicopters), I thought I was going to die. I came out of Monday's class with really sore upper thighs and no one to commiserate with.
I also usually manage to see Amanda some other time during the week - like tonight would've been a good night to see her because a bunch of friends are meeting at the Bottom Line for my husband's birthday. The Bottom Line is THE Purdue bar in the DC area.
I was hoping to hit the Leesburg Outlets to do some light furniture/house shopping, with maybe a stop at Homegoods - that's another trip that I could've taken with Amanda. Still don't know if I'm going to go but if I do, it will be lonely...sigh.
On my drive home yesterday, I saw a car with Maine plates and the tag line for the plate - "Vacationland." That made me think of Amanda more....but then I thought it was end of the day and she would be home soon...hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment