Monday, October 8, 2007

A Pocket Full of Posey


This weekend, I took my annual trip to visit my friend Michelle in New York. We always have lots of fun. I insist on shopping every time, and Michelle insists on resisting purchases while I ALWAYS buy something. But New York is just too cool. There is always something I can't pass up.

But the most exciting thing about this particular trip happened mere minutes before I hopped into a cab to LaGuardia. Michelle and I walked with my bags to Starbucks for a quick breakfast bite, and there she was, crossing the street towards us as we crossed to Starbucks: Parker Posey.

The streets were not very busy because it was Sunday morning. She was just walking her little dog. The three of us were the only ones in the crosswalk. I felt a little bad staring at her face, but I immediately recognized her, only to have it confirmed by Michelle who turned to me as soon as we passed and said, "Do you know who that was?"

Parker Posey - the Queen of the Indies.

I wanted to tell her I love her. I wanted to shout out, “That’s not a bee – that’s a bear in a bee costume!!” But I obviously said nothing. I was so disappointed by the reactions I got from Jason Alexander and Todd Eldredge (who probably means nothing to most of you, but I used to be figure skating obsessed - Todd was probably #2 after Paul Wylie). I think it was the right call this time.

But I’m not going to lie. I was on a cloud the whole way home.

1 comment: