Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Cupcake Is Not The Enemy

As you may recall from "Trash T.V. Returns," The Biggest Loser is in my lineup of Ti-Fauxed shows this season. I love to see the contestants' "transformations." In fact, I have always loved makeover shows. I also like to look at Bob, the trainer. He seems to genuinely care about his team, and he's also h-o-t hot!

Last week, they had a "temptation" challenge for the three trainers (there are three teams this season: blue, red, and black). The trainers were faced with a table of cupcakes. If one of the trainers picked (i.e. ate) the right cupcake, that trainer's team would get some kind of advantage in the challenge for the week.

Now, I have seen a lot of cupcakes in my day. And let me tell you - these cupcakes were gorgeous. They were different colors. Some had sprinkles. They made me happy just to look at them.

The host, Alison Sweeney (a.k.a. Sami on Days of Our Lives) asked the trainers when was the last time they ate a cupcake. The two women trainers both claimed they could not remember. Bob, bless his heart, said a few months ago - but it was only half a cupcake.

In the end, none of the trainers gave into the temptation. They all forfeited the mystery "prize." They would not be lured under the spell of the evil cupcake. They cited setting a good example for the team members, for whom eating things like cupcakes had paved the way for obesity.

But I call bullshit. Are you telling me that with all of that sweating those people do spending hours upon hours at the gym that they can never treat themselves with a little cupcake? We're not talking a gallon of ice cream in one sitting. I realize the contestants on that show have problems with food, but I wonder how depriving them of anything "bad" may hurt them in the long run. I smell binge. And it's stinky.

I say, let them eat cupcakes!!

1 comment:

  1. According to the dude from 'Body for Life,' you're allowed to indulge one day a week as long as you keep to your training and diet the other six days because as he puts it, one day is not going to be the end all be all - that's why I liked his program - because I got a free day every week.

    ReplyDelete