Friday, June 8, 2007

Trash T.V.

The other night, I was sitting on my couch, restlessly flipping through the channels while simultaneously surfing the net (wireless is very dangerous indeed). I reluctantly settled on Celebrity Fit Club. I have never liked this show. The whole thing stinks: the weird weigh ins, that awful host Ant (who never should have made the cut on Last Comic Standing), the flashback format. And yet, I feel strangely compelled to watch. It's like the People magazine article on Maureen McCormick's (Marcia Brady) weight loss isn't enough; I need to actually SEE the body transformation. But what I wasn't prepared for was the show following it: Flavor of Love Girls: Charm School. I sat there, half watching, half typing away various google and imdb searches into my laptop. And I thought, "What has my life come to?" So I made myself turn off the t.v. and decided it would be best to call it a night. I vowed never to subject myself to such crap again.

But just when I thought I was safe, along comes this:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20070213vh102

Bret Michaels. In a bachelor show. Somebody please help me.

2 comments:

  1. I was working out in our gym and I changed the TV to VH1 and it was actually showing something good - like a countdown of some sort (Top 20 80s Songs of All Time...) and after that was done, "Charm School" came on and my goodness - those girls....I was so afraid that anyone coming into the gym after I started working out actually would think I wanted to watch the show, when I really didn't. I just didn't want to stop the treadmill to go channel surfing. That is HORRIBLE TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently, it gets worse. Jenn Craft sent this gem to me, noting, "our society is so wrong- thought you would want to add the scott baio show to your list of must see TV....":

    http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/scott_baio_is_45_and_single/series.jhtml

    Oh, Chachi. You've really let yourself go . . .

    ReplyDelete