Friday, June 8, 2007

How Did I Get Here?

My last post of the day, I swear. It amazes me how far a tangent can take you. Last night, I was watching Scrubs. And I was thinking about the actress who plays Dr. Cox's wife. I couldn't remember her name, so I had to look her up on imdb (It's Christa Miller, in case you were wondering. Did you know she is the niece of Susan Saint James? I didn't, but I do now). This, of course, led to the inevitable "what else was she in?" search. And I found out she was uncredited in this t.v. movie with Tori Spelling and Kellie Martin in 1994 called, "A Friend to Die For" (apparently, it has an alternate name, "Death of a Cheerleader"). I actually remembered seeing this movie on t.v. (much like "Too Young To Die," that t.v. movie with Brad Pitt and Juliette Lewis). And, of course, the movie was based on a true story about some high school girls in California in 1984. Suddenly, I am searching for articles on Kirsten Costas (the pretty cheerleader) and Bernadette Protti (the "outsider" who killed her). Who was Kirsten? What did she look like (I could only locate one picture)? Whatever happened to Bernadette? Evidently, her parents moved to Hawaii after the scandal. What happened to Kirsten's parents?

And then I think, "How did I get here?"

2 comments:

  1. I, too, find myself wandering/clicking around aimlessly around IMDB. That is a GREAT site! You can find out about people's upcoming movies, what they've been doing lately, etc. It's a way to see what special lady snagged the 80s hearthrob or to catch up on your fave actors from back in the day - 'Oh hey, Brian Bloom is still acting but of course he's not as popular as he once was when he was on 'As the World Turns' but good for him -he's still finding work.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernadette Protti changed her name and moved out of state after being released from prison. She was then married to a professor/scientist and became a nurse. She is working in the heath care profession.... Doesn't that make you feel safe? Apparently she is well known and even a published author (her colleagues do not know the REAL Protti) Kristin's parents are still looking for Protti b/c they want their day in civil court. --- I too was bored and surfing the net after watching a movie LOL

    ReplyDelete