Friday, June 8, 2007

Fashion Tip

And here it is - my first fashion tip for the blog but before I get to it, let me preface it with the situation in which I find myself giving this tip.
It is about 91 degrees in the metro DC area as I type. My face is oily, despite all the blotting I've been doing to keep it from looking like an oil slick. And because this seems to be the hottest day of the year so far, and I'm planning on going out after work to hang with some girlies, I decided to dress nicely. So I'm wearing a nice, flowy summer skirt and a white, ruffly around the collar blouse - both from Anthropologie.
I just went to the bathroom and as I got up from the seat, I felt something wet slap my butt. HOLY CRAP - my nice, white, ruffly blouse has a long bow in the back and the bow has come slightly undone and the one tail has dipped into the pool of toilet water.
There I am, running out of the stall, holding the dipped tail over the sink - soap and water, soap and water...AND THEN we redo the bow. Not as bad as I originally thought but I did wash more of the tail than actually got wet.
So what did we learn here? KNOW what you're wearing before you perform #1 and #2 (especially #2) AND if you ladies are talented enough to use a urinal, do it!
Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Wasn't it Jim Gaffigan who commented on how much he likes robes because he can dip the belt in the toilet?

    In any case, this brings to mind a similar experience I had a long, long time ago. Involving a pair of Guess overalls. In 1989. Luckily, it could have been worse. But then again, it was high school - so you can imagine the trauma I felt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing so hard I can barely see to type. Where do you come up with this shit-- literally!
    -lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is too bad this happened to you, but so honorable of you to share the experience with us! I can only imagine how cautious you are to use the bathroom the next time you wear that shirt...

    ReplyDelete