Thursday, December 4, 2008

My First VS Show

So I watched the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show last night...for the first time. Apparently the show has been going on for 10-11 years but I think it's only been televised within the last five years. Upon hearing that I was watching the show, my sister exclaimed, 'Why are you torturing yourself?!'

Torturing myself? I don't think it's torture. Sure those ladies all have kick ass bodies, perfect hair, beautiful faces, blah, blah, blah....and one of them just had a baby like three months ago...unreal.

But why now? Why did I decide to tune in now when I'm lying in my bed like a beached whale with two babies baking in my tummy? Who knows. Most likely in part because I actually REMEMBERED this time and another part curiosity. How do perfect women look in sexy lingerie....the answer? Perfect, of course. I also wanted to see what celebs actually attended the show....they showed Jason Lewis, P.Diddy, George Hamilton....in other words, pervs. (just kidding).

So what did I get out of watching the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show?
  • I got that I won't be wearing ANYTHING that they modeled in the next year.
  • I learned that there are definitely some VS models' bodies I would like to strive for, post-pregnancy of course.
  • I decided that I would like to grow my hair long again because I just can't get used to my short hair anymore (I donated my hair in October to Pantene Beautiful Lengths to benefit cancer patients in need of wigs).
  • And finally - how realistic would it be for me to grow 3-5 more inches in the next two years so I can take part in the Victoria's Secret Runway show in 2010? (I think I know the answer to that already)

No comments:

Post a Comment