Sunday, September 2, 2007

All's Quiet

This is probably the first Labor Day, in my 31 years of life that I am at home. My sister and her family decided to come down to DC to visit and do various activities. I'm glad they did because there was a lot I got done around the house. I felt like a regular old housewife minus the big hair, nice dress and pearl necklace. I think I understand why many homeowners now stay home during the holidays - it's to get the extra stuff done.

Let's see - I was able to buy three picture frames for two paintings my Mom did and a Pike Place Market print that I've had for about two years now. I'm hoping the FiOS is now fixed - the maintenance guy has made two trips to the house this weekend - let's hope this will be the last time I need to lodge a complaint (fingers crossed). I was able to get the groceries for the week, going to both Wegmans and the Asian Market - so the fridge is now stocked. And I mowed the lawn. Yes, my husband lucked out this time around because he is in Chicago for a bachelor party. (I don't even think they got to see any strippers - what kind of bachelor party is that?! But it's only fair that he got to go this year cause I was at Amanda's bachelorette party in Vegas last Labor Day - fun, fun. ) I even got to go to the mall and pick up some hand therapy lotion from Crabtree & Evelyn (that's the good stuff, as Brett likes to call it) and I got some new candles at Yankee Candle - you can spend a small fortune in there without even knowing it. Before I knew it, I was bamboozled into purchasing $40 worth of candles (it's only two medium jars) and a decorative glass plate to hold the jars! I usually don't buy candles at Yankee Candle - only like once a year do I step in that store cause that's how long it takes me to burn those candles. Besides the fact that there are just so many scents to choose from, I often feel overwhelmed. I'm just bummed that Bath & Body works isn't selling the Bendel candles anymore.

So that frees me up to do not much of anything tomorrow. I still have to make a trip to Target and then I'm going to go workout at the gym I just signed up at - the first time in like three weeks - I feel like a heffer! Eventhough I've been moving and cleaning for the past four weeks, I just feel huge - so I'm putting myself on a strict workout schedule (now that it's Back to School season) to get myself in shape and feeling good for my trip to London during Thanksgiving. And being that we get the shaft for having Monday night hip-hop, that doesn't start for another week so I need to get a routine down for this new fall season.

Hope Everyone is having a great Labor Day Weekend!
"See you" on Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. All is quiet until your two nephews come for a visit! :)

    ReplyDelete