Friday, June 6, 2008

Mickey D's, 2K8


Like every "normal" kid in America, I grew up eating McDonald's. Admittedly, Ronald McDonald scared me at first - hello, male adult clown with red hair and abnormally large feet - but I grew to love him. I even had a Ronald McDonald doll that I probably got rid of shortly after watching Poltergeist or something....but who wouldn't enjoy some good chicken nuggets or a simple hamburger with some hot fries? And the best part of McDonald's back in the day? Orange drink! I remember getting those at school for field days and at Chinese school on special occassions. After a few cups of orange drink, not only do you leave satisfied, but with a nice, orange mustache - yum!

Due to obvious health reasons (not exactly healthy eating at the McD's) - I laid off of McDonald's for awhile - it became more of a once a month treat, if that. But this year, I think I'm learning to love McD's again...why? They've got some good, new stuff on their menu.

For instance, they now have sweetened iced-tea....it's nothing special and it tastes just like regular iced-tea with some sweet and low added but for some reason, it's good...it really hits the spot. They got three new chicken snack wraps - my favorite is the grilled chicken ranch snack wrap. It's good and it's really snack-y....it doesn't fill you up but it definitely satisfies.

The newest item they've been pushing to the public is this southwest chicken they have - you can have it for breakfast, in a biscuit, or for lunch, on a bun with pickles. I had it for breakfast first and it was SO good. I raved about it to my husband and my friends....I did feel a little guilty having chicken for breakfast but when it's put in a biscuit, that's breakfast! My husband isn't so convinced it's great - but I like it and that's all that matters. I finally had the southwest chicken sandwich for lunch this past week - it wasn't as good...the pickles definitely do nothing to improve it - just makes it more lunch-like. But I had my pickles separately and then gobbled down the sandwich.

I definitely prefer the breakfast chicken over the lunch chicken - but every time I hear McDonald's new radio commercial about the southwest chicken sandwich and the girl says, 'Whoever came up with this - I want to shake their hand.'
My response? 'Me too, sister!'

No comments:

Post a Comment