Thursday, January 10, 2008

Are You In or Are You Out

If you're saying the title in the key of Heidi Klum, you've been watching what I've been watching. I am a Project Runway fanatic. I've been a big fan from Season 1. But the point of this post is not to regale you with the many wonderful things of Project Runway...although it is wonderful and I heart Tim Gunn.

No - the point of my post is my wondering whether or not certain things, in the fashion world, are in or out. For instance, I was totally under the impression that Uggs were out. But it looks like the company has been busy expanding their product lines and much to my chagrin, the Ugg boots are another useless fashion 'in' for the season.

And just when I thought I could get a respite from last summer's phenomenon - CROCS - they introduced wool-lined CROCS for the winter because god forbid your feet freeze over while wearing the mule-style, holey sandals....so here's a great idea - why not line it with wool and make this ugly summer sandal into an ugly winter sandal - I've seen it, and it's not pretty.

But fads aside, I had really thought that mule heels were kind of on the outs....especially for the winter (I never considered it a winter shoe to begin with)...without socks....over jeans....what's up? When I saw a girl wearing her jeans over dark leopard print mule heels (we won't even go into her top half to save space), Heidi Klum's voice popped into my head with her famous line from Project Runways, "Are you in or are you out?" And I kept responding, in my head, 'I could've sworn you were out.'

And as I proceeded to my Dr's appt, in a medical building, I didn't see any crocs, wool-lined or otherwise, and I didn't see any Uggs. But I did manage to see those sherpa slipper-looking shoes - they seem to be like the bastard cousin to the Ugg boots.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't get to see last night's episode, but I know who got kicked out. I'm kind of bummed - the designer was from Fairfield. That's right next store to us. I've seen pictures of the wool-lined crocs, but I haven't actually seen them on anyone. They do look scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I consider mules the MULLET of shoes…business in the front and “party” in the back. I probably hate mules the most out of all ugly shoe styles.

    ReplyDelete