Monday, December 17, 2007

Just Some Casual Sex....

I have been weening myself off from listening to my iPod in the car at every moment to going back to morning radio talk shows. Prior to becoming obsessed with my iPod, I would listen to Elliot in the Morning on DC101. My favorite was always during football season when he would talk to Boomer Esiason on Friday mornings. Now I'm just getting back into the swing of things and he's no longer getting the football report from Boomer - that was disappointing to learn.

So this morning, I was driving into work, listening to the topic at hand - getting kicked out of a car on the highway or in the middle of nowhere, and getting left there. The topic came up because over the weekend, Elliot was driving along 395 in traffic and saw a car pulled over to the side with a man and a woman out of the car just yelling at each other. By the time he came up to the car, he asked his wife to roll down the window and heard the man say, 'F* you!' and jump in the car and drive off without the woman. That story really got the phone lines going. Elliot had to eventually go on a commercial break and due to my hatred of commercials, I started channel surfing.

That brought me to Hot 99.5 where they just started a new topic about naughty things that come out of Holiday parties. Being that we were at two of them this past weekend, I was interested in hearing how other people's parties went. I have to say the naughtiest thing that happened at any of my Holiday parties - I played Guitar Hero for the first time at one and at the other, there was sexy underwear in the White Elephant gift exchange...pretty boring compared to the woman that called into the show.

This woman called to tell the Hot 99.5 listening audience and it's DJs that she had sex with a guy she had a childhood crush on. Apparently, they were at some holiday party and they were making googly eyes at each other and finally did something about it - they went to the restrooms and had 20 minutes of heavy petting. 'That was just a teaser,' said the woman. But she continued by saying 20 minutes later, they were back in the restroom and did a wham, bam, thank you ma'am. Done deal. She had justified the interlude by saying she had the BIGGEST crush on this guy during school. Ok. Next obvious question - 'So are you in a relationship with anyone?' Her response: 'Yeah, I'm married.'

WHAT?!

And this is pretty much how the rest of the conversation goes:
DJ: You're married?
Woman: Yes.
DJ: Does your husband know?
Woman: Oh God, no.
DJ: What would happen if he found out?
Woman: He'd be furious.
DJ: How long have you been married and do you have kids?
Woman: Five years and we have three kids.
DJ: Are you going to tell your husband?
Woman: No - but I'm trying to work up to getting him to bed other women.
DJ: How long have you been working or thinking about that?
Woman: In the last six months.
DJ: So was this your first time doing this kind of thing at a holiday party?
Woman: Well (pause) Um, not at a holiday party.
DJ: Spill.
Woman: There was another guy I had a crush on in school (are you sensing a pattern here?)...
DJ: Well, I think I went to school with you - I'll be right over.

And so on and so forth. It didn't last much longer than that but I was pretty appalled. This woman had ZERO remorse for anything she did. I think that's what shocked me the most - that she was calling into a radio station to pretty much brag that she's cheated on her husband...multiple times. In fact, it got me to wondering if any of her three kids are actually her husband's. I couldn't believe it. Is nothing sacred anymore - you would think marriage vows have to be up there as one of the more sacred promises.

She must've had her fingers crossed at the part where she promised to love, honor and obey...holy geez!

No comments:

Post a Comment