Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Oopsie - It's Starting for the Littlest Spears

Just when you thought you had enough of Britney Spears and what seems to be her train wreck of a life, now comes the latest news that her 16 year old sister, Jamie Lynn - supposedly the most conscientious of all the Spears children- is now preggers...with a baby.....at the age of 16.

Yes - Jamie Lynn announced to a magazine that she was indeed about 12-weeks pregnant with the baby of her 19-year old boyfriend. They've been dating for awhile. I'd like to know the definition of awhile because when you're 16, awhile could mean three months. But I'm thinking it's more like a year, which would've put her dating this boy at the age of 15. Let me tell you - when I was 15, I was so excited that I had a year to go before I could get my learner's permit. When I was 16, I was so excited about finally getting behind the wheel and a year away from getting my driver's license.

Here are the ironical points. Jamie Lynn and boyfriend supposedly met in a church group - apparently the church was not big on teaching abstinence or sex out of wed lock. Secondly, by naming her 19-year old boyfriend as the baby daddy, doesn't that make him a target of statutory rape since she's only 16? Finally, her mother, Lynn, was supposed to be putting out a book about parenting via a Christian group - that book is on hold. I really don't think I want to be learning any parenting skills from this woman - even if this situation with Jamie Lynn didn't happen, you still have that other disappointment named, Britney.

Of course all the gossips are going crazy because you can only focus on one Spears child at a time. I had heard on the radio this morning that she supposedly had another pregnancy scare prior to this one....wouldn't the first time have taught you to either be more careful or use some protection or just not do it? Jamie Lynn goes on to say in the interview, probably in order to appease her teen and tween fans that other people should wait to have sex. Yes - thank you Jamie Lynn for making an example of yourself and showing the rest of the tween/teen world that having sex at 16 does have consequences: pregnancy.

You know what they say - hindsight is always 20/20.

No comments:

Post a Comment