Friday, December 14, 2007

Hello Again

It's weeks like these that make me wish I were independently wealthy. I think, "How fun would it be to NOT work?" In reality, I know I need to be challenged somewhat. I mean, as much as I talk about completely useless, brain rotting shows like "America's Next Top Model" and follow the latest celebrity gossip, deep down, I know that I would go insane if that's all I ever got out of life. But there's a happy medium with workload, and this week's work far exceeded it.

I feel sad when I can't contribute more to the blog. I love Jen's posts. But I really want to have the time to write something of my own too. I thought about posting something earlier this week with just the title, "I'm sorry," and a picture of a kid hanging his head, covering his face in shame. But even that takes time, which I, unfortunately, didn't have this week.

Now I am here on a Friday night, unwinding from a long and stressful week of trying to meet my Friday deadline. Every night this week, I sent out a work-related message and document late from home. Every night, even if I took a break for a few hours, I stayed plugged in until my head hit the pillow. As one of my favorite characters of all time, Carrie Bradshaw would say, "Me no likey."

Nope. What I would like right now is a whole heap of money and nothing to do.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment