Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Shedding With a Vengeance

Prior to pregnancy, you would see hair on the bathroom floor on occassion (more often than not) that came from my head because I had long hair and women naturally shed a lot of hair. It would really drive me crazy when I would lay down on my carpet and I would see my hair within the carpet threads but it's just not something I can help.

When I got pregnant, it seemed like the shedding stopped momentarily. I could go a week, perhaps, without seeing hair on the bathroom floor. I didn't think twice about hair weaved within my carpet because I wasn't shedding as much while I was pregnant. I can really tell how much I shed after I wash my hair and brush it because that's when most of my hair will come out.

I was spoiled for about ten months because the shedding is back and it's come back with a vengeance. My husband remarked, the other week, after vacuuming up my hair, 'I could've made a sweater with what I picked up...' or 'You could've made another hair donation with the amount on the bathroom floor.' I just don't understand it - I seem to be shedding MORE hair than I ever have before. When I come out of the shower and brush my hair, after washing it, I can get CLUMPS of hair coming out onto my brush and in my hands. I feel like I have to wipe the bathroom floor every other day just to clear up the hair. I don't even want to think about the carpets because I'm so disgusted with how much is coming out onto floor I can actually see.

Is my head making up for lost time? Is this all hair that should've been out in the past ten months that is only make it's way out now? I don't get it.

Good thing I have a thick head of hair or I could've been rendered bald by now!

1 comment:

  1. yup...it's the hair that should have fallen out while you were preggers. hormones were slowing down the shedding. =(

    ReplyDelete