Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Screw You, AVENT

How many college-educated new moms does it take to screw on the top of an AVENT bottle? Only one but apparently it can take up to five tries before you actually get it on right.

I believe there is some 'secret' way to screw on the cap and nipple of an AVENT baby bottle - what exactly is that secret? I have yet to figure that out. All I know is that when I screw on the top and shake it, to mix the formula, droplets spray all over the place, leading me to have to uncap and recap the top and shake it again, just to make sure that no formula will leak out. I have come to 'test' each bottle to see if anything will leak out but even that's not guaranteed to work because I have found that I have done the topsy turvy test with no leakage but once I start to feed one of the boys their formula, it starts leaking while it's angled, onto their bib, causing me to lose about five mL of liquid.

It's a waste and it's frustrating. Formula is expensive AND sticky. I only went with AVENT bottles because it was the same brand my sister used. Little did I know what issues it would have.

I try to line up the grooves of the bottle and the cap. I try to make sure that the top turns at least twice (cause sometimes it only turns half way) but nothing is a guarantee to make it stop leaking. My husband has even taken to screwing the top on so tight that I have to get a grippy thing just to get it off - it's a struggle.

So if anyone out there knows the secret to getting the top onto an AVENT baby bottle without leakage, let me know - I'm dying to know and want to stop wasting formula.

1 comment:

  1. sorry dude...we use playtex and have no problems. =(

    ReplyDelete