Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Leave 'Em Alone

Recent rumors are flying that Madonna and Guy Ritchie are heading for divorce court. I, for one, don't believe it. Yes, I'm a fan of Madonna's (not for all over her stuff, however) and Guy Ritchie is good looking (I wouldn't say I'm a fan as I haven't really seen many of his movies)....but I truly believe that this one IS NOT heading towards divorce...at least not in the foreseeable future.

What sparked these rumors is that each one was showing up to big events solo....the most publicized was probably Madonna's induction into the Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame ceremony. I agree that this was a big deal in such a prolific career and to have your husband not be there for that special night? Very strange. But the explanation behind Guy not being there was that the Ritchie Family was still going through the adoption process of David Banda and wanted to maintain a steady home life to assure the Malawian courts that David would be in good hands. I would have to say that that is a satisfactory reason for not showing up to the RNR HoF ceremony. Especially if they both agreed that this would be the best course of action....which NONE OF US in the public know.

I believe that because both people in this marriage are high profile in their own industry, you would almost have to expect that they spend a lot of time apart and they cannot be near/with each other 24/7/365. Do you really think Guy and kids should go out on tour with Madonna? Not a chance. Should Madonna and kids drop everything to be on the set of Guy's next movie? Unreal. But I'm sure they make sacrifices and compromise, just like every other married couple in the world....and they work it out.

But I think the main reason that I don't believe that they are heading towards divorce is because when Madonna dropped her latest album, she said there was a song on there that she wrote about Guy...and it wasn't a 'bitch 'em out, you're an ass' type song...quite the opposite, I hear. And you know what, you just don't write songs like that if you're on the verge of separating from that person.

I could go on and on about how tabloids start/fuel these rumors just so they have something to report - but I cannot because that would be hypocritical of me. I, unfortunately, am a tabloid reader (online only - and I have a subscription to People, but People is factual, isn't it?) and probably one of the many reasons that these rumors get fueled....but I will be the first to decide, in my head, when I think a story is untrue - such as the one I discussed above. I wish "they" would just leave Guy and Madonna alone...and while you're at it, stop reporting on those useless reality stars....I'm ashamed that I even know their names...strictly from the tabloids. But I always skip over their "stories" because I really could give a flying fig about what any of them are doing since it all seems to be worthless.

No comments:

Post a Comment