Monday, July 14, 2008

Big Night for the Brunettes!

I was sucked into watching the *beginning* of the Miss Universe pageant. I always like to see who is representing what countries, especially the US and the Asian countries, being of an Asian background. And I sit and I judge...one of my favorite pastimes!

Since the pageant was held in Vietnam, it was a no-brainer that Miss Vietnam would make it into the Final 15. Good thing she was good looking, according to my sister. I thought Miss USA was good looking - she had a kick-ass body. So not surprised, again, when she reached the Final 15. But as Jerry Springer and Scary Spice continued to read the names of the girls that reached the Top 15 spots, I thought it was getting redundant - redundant in that a lot of the Top 15 girls looked alike. I was talking to my sister on the phone as they were making the announcements and when they called Miss Mexico or Miss Dominican Republic, I was like, 'Hey, didn't we just see her, but her sash said Miss Spain.' (Side note - not surprised Spain made it into the Top 15 since they're coming off of their big Euro Cup win) I thought Italy and Russia looked similar - and surprisingly, there was only one "blonde" (a dark blonde, but a blonde nonetheless) from Australia. Otherwise the night belonged to the brunettes.

After they announced the Top 15, I was done with the show. I saw, this morning, that Miss Venezuela ended up winning. I believe she was the first one that was announced in the Top 15 and her eye makeup scared me. And rightfully so - in the pictures of her crowning, her mascara started running like a tribute to the late, Tammy Faye Baker.

But I digress. I'm glad to see that the field was dominated by brunettes, being one myself. And it never ceases to amaze me how much younger these girls are getting (18-22) and how much "older" they look with their gobs of make-up. But I guess it's all part of the show, right? Look your best and camera ready - where's that vaseline!

No comments:

Post a Comment