Monday, May 19, 2008

You Can Never Have Too Many....

BAGS! I love tote bags - I have been gifted with several over my adult years, I have gifted others with totes (ie - bridal party), and if they're on display, I'm always looking. You might be asking yourself, 'How many totes does one person need?' That's a good question cause I actually don't think you can have too many.

The beauty of the tote is that it comes in so many styles and it can also be a reflection of your own personal style. I have a Martha Stewart one my friend gave me that I used to carry around to the beach and to softball games. I have a Burberry tote I use for dance class. And most recently, I just purchased an Ella Vickers tote at the Wine and Food Festival I just attended (at the National Harbor) that I'm totally in love with.

Ella Vickers uses recycled sailcloth to make all types of bags - travel duffles, tote bags, purses, messenger bags...you name it, she probably makes it. Her display is what drew me in - bags! And as I got closer to her stall, I read that it was all made from recycled sail cloth and machine washable and just very cool designs. The cool part about the designs is that some of the bags have numbers on them - so it became a hunt to see if she had a bag with my favorite number. Lo and behold she did - the #8 - but it was in green. I don't normally lean towards green for anything but the more I carried in around, the more I loved it cause it was so different yet so cool. And she was quite popular of all the vendors because by the end of the day, it looked like she sold off A LOT of her stock.

It's a great gift idea - especially for the nautical set. And if you happen to catch her display at a show, the prices are slashed - so it's definitely worth it! The bags are durable, easy to clean and just plain cool.

http://www.ellavickers.com/default.asp

Hope you love them as much as I do!

1 comment:

  1. hehe...how chinese...your favorite number is 8! =)

    ReplyDelete