Friday, August 17, 2007

Pantyhose and Open Toes

Open toe & Peep toe shoes are all the rage at the moment and judging by the Fall 07 collections, it's here to stay for the Fall.
Although Autumn weather starts out warm, it does usually end with cooler temperatures...at least here in the metro DC area and up in the Northeast. And I was always under the impression that open toes, peep toes, and even sandals were supposed to be filled with bare feet so you can show off pedicured toes. But in a lot of the store ads, fashion mags, and celeb photos these days, I'm finding that they're showing all varieties of these shoes with tights and pantyhose.

There's something wrong about that, to me. I just don't know if I can participate in this trend.

Of course, pantyhose could only be the sandlefoot variety if you're one of the ones that will be following this trend (let's face it, you'd look like a Grandma if you went with the reinforced toe) but I wouldn't feel secure with that seam sticking out at the end of my toes and through the see-through hole. And that's just about the only place it would have to go because it wasn't meant to go under my toes cause that would be uncomfortable.
Tights? When I wear tights, I want to wear close toed heels, loafers or boots. I don't think - hey, I'm wearing tights, let me throw on my silver sandals. Maybe that's what they call boho chic but that's just not me. Mary Kate or Ashley, I am not.
So go on with your open toes and peep toes and throw on some pantyhose if you must, but don't count on me to be in that group - my open toes and peep toes will be stored away and waiting for warm weather 2008.

2 comments:

  1. Amen. Pantyhose with open toes makes a girl look like she's getting ready to perform in a school play. I cannot STAND that look. It's just gross to me. I won't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that pantyhose and tights should not be worn with open toed shoes unless you are over the age of 70. I don't mind the peep toe being worn with a sandal toe panythose. However, peep toed shoes are basically a full shoe with like a square inch of the toe missing, so why not tough it out and not wear a hose...I mean, unless it's snowing. But wouldn't you wear boots if it were snowing???

    ReplyDelete