Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Looking Back... with Regrets

Looking back through my life, I have a pocketful of little regrets - things that I wish I did when I had the chance or things that I wish I could have done differently at the time. I think everyone goes through these tiny regrets.

There are some instances in my mind that stick out where I think, 'Why did I do that?!' like the time I went to school (high school) in my Victoria's Secret Pajamas that looked like a nice, summery outfit. What possessed me to wear it to school and were other people wearing it? Weird. And I think I did it more than once so that was not good.

As I sit here and watch VH-1 Classic and Cher's 'If I Could Turn Back Time' plays in the background, where she's strutting around a Navy ship in her sheer bodysuit with satin strips of fabric covering all the right places, I wonder, does she ever look back at the video and think 'What was I thinking when I said 'yes' to that outfit?' I won't deny that she has a killer body in the video and she doesn't look bad in the outfit, but was it really necessary? Couldn't she have stuck with her super cut-up jeans and a skin-tight top and had the same effect? I mean I know we're talking about Cher here and our fashion tastes definitely do not run the same course, but aside from this video, do you think she ever looks back to the 'Sonny and Cher' era and gag at her Bob Mackie gowns?

No comments:

Post a Comment