Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Summer Fun, Autumn Woes

Don't let the title fool you - after my trip back from Indiana, I am super-psyched for some Fall - football season, changing leaves, Halloween and soup/stew/hot mulled cider season! But I'm certainly going to miss the summer - being outdoors, playing sports, sweating my pants off (maybe I won't miss that too much) and wearing summer clothes - dresses, shorts, tanks and flip flops.

Looking back, I had a really good summer - we had great weather (August was like a preview to September/October temps), great fun and great friends to share it with. Now that it's post-Labor Day and I'm looking ahead to Fall, I started breaking out some of my fall/winter shoes and am quite disappointed with the outcome thus far....tan lines. I was pretty careful with the tan lines this summer - trying to run sunscreen where I might have potential tan lines - but the one place I always forget to cover...my feet. And what are the results of forgetting? Flip Flop lines. Argh.

After being out at the football game this past weekend, with the sun beating down on me, I, again, forgot to cover my feet with sun block and now my flip flop lines are even darker than when I went out to the midwest. I'm wearing my black, double-strap mary janes and it looks like I have two white v-straps coming out of the shoe - HORROR! I'm thinking about what I can do to salvage the look. I'm thinking my only option is self-tanner...although that would require me to put it on my whole leg because what if the shade of the self tanner turns those v-lines darker than what the rest of my leg shade is? I'm sure I'm not the only one that has gone through this dilemma - so suggestions are welcome.

I'm use to tan lines but I'm use to bikini lines - lines that people don't necessarily see when I'm in work clothes. I guess I could break out the hosiery early - but it's still warm enough to where I can imagine myself sweating from having too much on....what is a girl to do with signs of summer past?!

Well - one thing to keep my mind off of it is to think about what November will bring forth...the new James Bond film...wink!

2 comments: