Monday, March 10, 2008

Let's Grow Up


Many of you may not know this about me, but when I was young, I was a FREAK about stuffed animals. I loved them. I wasn't one of those kids who went around with a blanket and a thumb in the mouth or anything, and I didn't necessarily have to cuddle with my stuffed animals, but I sure did love collecting them. If I were to guess, I'd say I had a least a hundred of them, and they all hung out on some shelves my dad made in my room, with the exception of a few stellar animals that claimed the coveted position on my bed.

Well, guess what happened. I grew up. Now, I won't lie. I still admire stuffed animals. I enjoy buying them as gifts for kids. I still might display the occasional holiday-themed teddy bear for a month or two. And I won't ask my mom what she did with all of my stuffed animals from 1907 Independence Ct. because, frankly, I just don't want to know. It makes me a little sad to think about their fate. But I'll tell you what I won't do. I will not, not in 100 years, display a collection of ten or so stuffed animals in the rear window of my car. No sir. Tacky, tacky, tacky.

To the woman in the 90's era Honda Accord I passed on the way to work this morning, I suggest maybe it's time to think about growing up. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment