Monday, October 22, 2007

Welcome to the Jungle

It's the start of jungle season...as in the hairy jungles that are now on my legs! When the cold weather comes blowing in, that's when I get a little lax with the shaving and let my legs become the wild, uninhabitable, hippie jungles that God intended them to be.

Actually, the weather has been super nice - even for being 3/4 of the way through October. This week is supposed to start out in the 80s but settle into the 70s throughout most of the week. I was thinking I could finally change over from quilt to comforter on the bed, but when I checked the weather outlook, it wasn't time yet. But because we've had cooler days here and there, I think I've mentally started preparing for the cooler weather and have not been shaving as regularly as I would during the warmer months. But I didn't think it was THIS bad.

Today is supposed to be a high of 83 degrees. I'm wearing a thin, long sleeve sweater and my black gauchos. Although I did get a pedicure this past weekend, I decided to go with Fall close-toed shoes. I got into the office and sat down at my desk. I rubbed my legs when I first sat down to get over the briskness of the morning (since they were exposed to the elements) only to feel some stubble....I hoisted each leg onto my desk for a closer inspection only to see that I actually had jungles growing...which forced me to think back when the last time I shaved was....Friday (I think).

How embarrassing! Good thing I'm not wearing a skirt and good thing I'm only wearing capri-pants for dance tonight - so that should save me from having to shave beforehand (Amanda - don't look at my legs tonight). But I, personally, hate hair and now I'm going to go through the remainder of the day, all self-conscious, about the hairy jungles I'm walking around with.

No comments:

Post a Comment